Old September 14th 03, 05:11 PM
Kathy Applebaum

Sounds like things are a bit overwhelming right now (something I can sure
relate to!) But don't give up completely on quilting. I made my first three
quilts 10 minutes at a time. I was working 70+ hours a week, and I really
needed something to decompress with -- TV doesn't do it for me, but mindless
sewing fits the bill perfectly.

The trick is to be a little organized. You have a quilt in a frame -- does
that mean you're hand quilting it? That's a great project to have always
ready. Anything that can be strip pieced is also a great project. And don't
forget hand sewing -- keep a project in a bag that's always with you. You
never know when you'll get those 5 minutes.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

"Jan Dunaway" wrote in message
ink.net...
I've been in what could be referred to as an "on hold" status. Mainly
because life demands it. Chasing a 19 month old daughter around adds a
challenge, hubby working many hours. When I have a moment I'm getting
caught up and this week we had to put the house on the market that we
just bought because the neighbors have created some pretty unsafe
situations. I keep my goodies. They are stored in an antique dresser.
I have a quilt in the frame so I can at least admire it and know what
I want to get back to. I miss it desperately and plan to get back, but
right now family is first.

Jan