Old September 14th 03, 03:32 PM
frood

LOL! I couldn't fit behind the sewing machine (or sit straight up
comfortably) after about 6 months when I was carrying Spike and Giles (known
as Angel and Buffy at the time). I was going nuts without a sewing project!
So, I took up English Paper Piecing and made soft clutch ball toys for them.
I had to do something as I felt so helpless, unable to do many things for my
family. That hand sewing was a real therapy for me. I took it with me when I
had to do all sorts of tests (you'd think nobody ever had twins before - I
felt like such a circus freak), and kept my hands and mind occupied.

Giles' baby quilt (started before she was born) was finished before she was
one. Spike's a year later. They refuse to sleep with the quilts. At least
they will be in good shape to pass down, unlike Miss Fussy Rose's first
quilt - it has been loved to shreds!

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
"jules" wrote in message
I put my quilting on hold while pregnant last year as I couldn't fit

behind
the sewing machine. But I am slowly finishing everything I started before
and starting new projects now )

I just put all my things in one place for later on never threw them away

or
gave them away

--
Jules
"Joy Quilts" wrote in message
. ..
I was reading Medium Gnome's thread on her Dear Jane blocks and the

topic
of
putting quilting on hold came up. Which brings me to ask you all...have

you
ever put your quilting on hold? Why? Did you store your fabrics and
quilting goodies or get rid of them? How long was it until you got back

quilting?

--
A Joy in Hawaii
http://community.webshots.com/user/joyquilts