Old September 14th 03, 03:58 AM
Elizabeth

Not quilting, but cross stitch. I loved cross stitch and always had several
projects I was working on at any given time. In March of 1991 I was working
on a birth sampler for my soon-to-be-born first grandchild. She was born
with massive multiple heart defects and was placed in a level three neonatal
intensive care unit. As I worked on the sampler, I was making deals with
God - if I get this part of the sampler done, she'll be survive.... She died
while I was stitching the face of the baby on the sampler. I put that
sampler away in a bag and didn't stitch again for two years. My first
project after her death was a birth sampler for her sister who was born as a
26 week micro-preemie, but I didn't begin it until she was discharged from
the hospital after 6 months in the NICU. I still have numerous unstitched
projects and cloth and floss but cross stitch remains a very hurtful
activity for me. I quilt instead.
"Joy Quilts" wrote in message
. ..
I was reading Medium Gnome's thread on her Dear Jane blocks and the topic

of
putting quilting on hold came up. Which brings me to ask you all...have

you
ever put your quilting on hold? Why? Did you store your fabrics and
quilting goodies or get rid of them? How long was it until you got back

quilting?

--
A Joy in Hawaii
http://community.webshots.com/user/joyquilts