Old December 3rd 03, 05:03 PM
Harold E. Keeney \(Hal\)

RIGHT ON - LIAM! And I've found glass that I
really needed locally that was NOT available
from the big wholesalers. And your point about
learning so much. Between the retailers and this NG, I am very thankful for
the wealth of knowledge
I have to answer my questions. And ---- I LURK
a lot too!

Hal

"Liam Striker" wrote in message
m...
I developed a relationship with my local glass seller. I buy wholesale

now,
but I still buy from him as well and his prices are expensive compaired to
shopping on line.
Why?
-Every high quality sheet of glass is different.
-Ive gotton so much free advice. I would never be where I am today by
buying on line.
-The price of glass is really cheap when compaired to other things that go
into a stained glass panel. Price = 20% glass and 80% labor. If you

change
the first to 10% by buying on line cheap glass, then your panel is worth

50
% of the price because it looks only half as good.
Panel #1: glass $150, Labor 20hrs, price $1200, profit $1050, satisfaction
High
Panel #2: glass $75, Labor 20hrs, price $700, prifit $625, satisifaction
medium.
- If we don't support mom and pop stores they go out of buiness, then the
wholesalers. Then we all take classes in Hobby Lobby or Las Vegas.

Nothing
inbetween.

Liam