Old August 18th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Knitting speed ??

Thank you AUD , i never measured my speed , i pick the work up when i
can and finnish it when finnished ,,, Life doesn`t always provide time
or energy to finnish things , Also i have other `works` ,,,, I never
was a quick knitter , but i produce gtood work , and that is what
really matters. Not having given up when illness struck again and
again , that was what mattered.
mirjam

skrev i melding
et...
Had a speed trial this morning.

With circular needles, I knit ~ 100 stitches per minute.
With DPN and sheath, I knit ~ 160 stitches per minute. I'm sure some
of you
can do better than that with circulars, but it is better than the 20
spm
that I was doing 4 years ago when I asked the group for help and they
converted me from American style to Continental style. I am happy
with my
progress. : ) It lets me actually FO!

Is it only nerds that watch the clock when they knit? ( I only do
that a
couple of times per year.)

Aaron

Impressing,
but I will try to knit SLOWER,
to keep my shoulders and my hands(and my mind, LOL) relaxed!
I am often tempted to knit too fast,
but once I had to stop knitting and crocheting for several years (!) and
I don't intend to risk that anymore!
(By the way, Aron, I am delighted to hear that you are a nerd only a
couple of times per year :-D )
Aud ;-))