Old August 17th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

Default Knitting speed ??

skrev i melding
t...
Had a speed trial this morning.

With circular needles, I knit ~ 100 stitches per minute.
With DPN and sheath, I knit ~ 160 stitches per minute. I'm sure some
of you
can do better than that with circulars, but it is better than the 20
spm
that I was doing 4 years ago when I asked the group for help and they
converted me from American style to Continental style. I am happy
with my
progress. : ) It lets me actually FO!

Is it only nerds that watch the clock when they knit? ( I only do
that a
couple of times per year.)

Aaron

Impressing,
but I will try to knit SLOWER,
to keep my shoulders and my hands(and my mind, LOL) relaxed!
I am often tempted to knit too fast,
but once I had to stop knitting and crocheting for several years (!) and
I don't intend to risk that anymore!
(By the way, Aron, I am delighted to hear that you are a nerd only a
couple of times per year :-D )
Aud ;-))