Old October 28th 11, 03:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Juno B

Default Advice re Sewing Machine

On 10/27/2011 9:55 PM, CindiA wrote:
It's been several weeks and it's holding tension just fine. And here I
thought this was such a welcoming group.

"BEI Design" wrote in message ...
CindiA wrote:
Just as a follow-up in case anyone is also shopping for a
similar machine: I ended up getting a Brother CE8080.
It's working out fine, at least for the purpose for which
I bought it (carting to quilting class). It's not a great
machine but it sews well and is extremely easy to use,
and it's very lightweight. I appreciate all the
recommendations, I'll keep them in mind for when I shop
for the "good" machine. Thanks all!

A machine that sells new for $144.97 at Wal-Mart as a "Limited Edition
Project Runway" machine?

Good luck with that. Let us know if it holds tension after the first week.

It is, Beverly sometimes comes across a bit braash,but underneath she's
a pussycat. Just don't cal her Bev. I also suggest you jump over to
alt.sewing. there's more going on there and lots of people posting.