Old October 7th 11, 03:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
CindiA

Default Advice re Sewing Machine

Hello --

I've been lurking awhile, this is my first post. I need to buy an
inexpensive, simple, lightweight sewing machine to carry to quilting
classes. I presently have an old Singer which works okay but weighs a
ton-and-a-half, it's a killer to schlep around. I've seen several
inexpensive machines in the stores which I know will not be the greatest
machines but for this purpose might be fine. Does anyone have any
experience / recommendations? I'm hoping to keep it to under $200... my
other ulterior motive for keeping it cheap is that I'm asking Santa for a
nice new "real" machine so don't want to spend much in the meantime.

Thanks!
Cindi