Old February 9th 10, 03:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default OT; Sewing Room Art

John wrote:
On Feb 9, 8:36 am, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:
John wrote:
On Feb 9, 3:52 am, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:
John wrote:
I have been searching for an gender appropriate piece of sewing
related art, that I could hang in my sewing room. Not surprisingly,
most of what I have found has women represented in the various tasks
related to sewing. Not many men are shown doing sewing things. I came
across this piece of artwork, online and immediately was taken with
it. Not only does it show a man doing sewing things, but it shows him
doing things that are usually done by men, although not exclusively of
course. It is called Tailor, and the artist is V. Ramos. I ordered it
online, and when it arrived, I matted it and made a Cherry frame and
just finished the completed work, and placed it on the wall. It is
very timely as I am about to start a new project of making myself a
custom fitted suit. I hope it gives me inspiration to delve into this
new and more challenging area of sewing. I think it will. Here is a
picture showing it hanging in place in my sewing room.
Enjoy.
http://picasaweb.google.com/ljtaylor...81286093473986
John
Excellent!
You know, I always like this painting: http://umlautampersand.files.wordpre...lor-moroni.jpg
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttonshttp://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
I like that one too. I had not seen that. It is more of a classic
portrait. For me though, I loved all of the elements that are in the
one I chose. There is an old singer machine in the background, and
other tidbits here and there. The thing I thought was a hoot, was the
color of the suit he is making. I would have demanded prepayment in
full before I even started on that one.
John

Giggle...

Yerse... Or how about this one on the right?http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2190/...292d872c9b.jpg

I've seen this blue one in the flesh, and it is utterly sublime. To
kill for, if not to die for! The workmanship in all the details is
beautiful:http://www.vam.ac.uk/images/image/18122-popup.html

And yes, he invented the LOOK that followed. Done well, I can still
love a seventies suit with huge lapels and flared trousers.

Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttonshttp://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Where have all the game show hosts gone? Sadly not forgotten for the
good of mankind. The only thing that can rival those sorts of things,
are the Nudie suits of the Country and Western star era.
http://www.nudiesrodeotailor.com/gal...ashions01.html
The mind boggles.
John

Those are very very scary...