Old July 20th 05, 03:00 PM
Meredith Williams

Hi Giselle,

I set up a shed studio in my backyard last fall and I was asking the
same questions. I don't use propane at all in my house, so I had a 100
lb tank installed for the shed to supply both the torch (minor burner)
and the wall mounted heater. The tank is about 10 feet from the shed
sitting on a concrete pad. Copper tubing runs underground to the corner
of the shed where it goes into a 25psi regulator. The output of the
25psi reg is then split into 2 separate lines - one goes to another
regulator that brings the pressure down to the 1/2psi for the heater;
the other line goes to a single-stage propane regulator* (with gauges
for tank and line pressure) that can be adjusted from 0 to 25psi. Both
lines coming into the shed have their own shut-off valves, and there is
a master shutoff at the tank.

*I bought the torch, hoses and regulator from Arrowsprings

Meredith

Fragile Warrior Bees wrote:
I'm working with our local propane (and propane accessories guy to get a
100# propane tank for the studio. He has some regulators on hand and has
asked specifically what sort of PSI lampworking uses for the propane end of
the mix. Can someone help me with that? In the books or sites I've seen,
they talk about one-stage and two-stage regulators but they never mention
the PSI needs. He has the two-stage regulators, I believe.

Also, he thought that a flashback arrester was just sort of a gimmick. He
had actually never heard of the term and is going home at lunch to look at
the site where I first saw them to find out what they are. What's
everyone's opinion on this bit of info? Does he not know what he's talking
about, is the terminology just odd or are they a gimmick?

Thx,
Giselle