Old November 29th 04, 01:47 PM
Lucy Boyer

Dianne Lewandowski wrote in message ...
Congrats to you for the recognition.

I would like to add, however, that it isn't just "little old ladies" who
do needlework. Nor is needlework confined to the genre of the 1700's.
Also, it would be very nice to know that people value the real art of
needlework. Obviously a great many 20-somethings don't understand that.

Of course -- and if this was a profile of me, my store, or the
Needlework Industry, I would have had a lot more to say. I was just
happy that in this one instance an old (inaccurate) stereotype was
tweaked. If a few 20 somethings get started with stitching, who knows
what direction they'd go in after starting with something that has
"shock value" but isn't technically difficult.

I was a 20 something when I got into cross stitch for the first time
-- and now look what I'm doing as a newly minted (this month) 40
something!

I must really be getting old. :-)

I hear you, sister. :^)

Anyway, I'll try to go to the Bizarre Bazaar and if there's anything
noteable (to RCTN) to report back, I'll check in.

Lucy Boyer
Cross Stitch Unlimited/StitchStash.com
Arlington, MA