Old October 16th 10, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Witchystitcher

Default Lengthening a square quilt

I've used flying geese to lengthen medallions.

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:15:19 -0700, "Trixie" wrote:

I just finished the medallion center of a square quilt, and now need to
figure out how to lengthen it so it is bed-quilt sized. I think what I want
to do is put a row of blocks along the "top" and "bottom" so it is
rectangular. I have a bunch of striped fabric that matches the fabric used
in the medallion. Can anyone suggest a block, somewhere around 8 or 9-inch,
that uses striped fabrics? Pinwheel? Kaleidoscope? I am so visual and a
pattern kind of gal, so if you have a link to an example block that will be
hugely appreciated.

Trixie