Old August 11th 09, 07:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Ganesh

Default Jewelry in India / Gems in India

On Aug 11, 6:39*am, Jim wrote:
and educational instances of Chauvinism I've come across -- and I do
NOT mean anything derogatory in the use of that term. I grant you both
the laurel wreaths!

Thanks for that one. No one has ever given one to me before and
there's nothing wrong in Chauvinism. I never said I am not open to
hearing what's there in other part of the world.

On Aug 10, 1:48 pm, Peter W. Rowe
wrote:
"Ganesh, I'm going to guess, based just on your name, which sounds
Indian, that you may have a certain bias here in favor if Indian diamonds."

I am from India and I have not heard of magical stories associated
with diamonds other than the ones from India, which makes it unique
and special. There's nothing biased here about it. I did quote what
I've so far gathered from my surroundings. I have come here to gather
more information. Here in India diamonds are worn mostly to ward off
evil effects of planets only upon consultation of an expert
astrologer.