Old May 23rd 04, 12:40 AM
Polly Esther

I got burned on ebay quilt fabric. The pieces were supposed to be cotton
quilt fabric - well, it wasn't exactly. They are Teflon coated and might be
great for quilted placemats but that isn't on my schedule at all. Polly

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message
Mostly I keep them for when I need just a little of exactly the right
fabric. It could be for a spot of bright or the cornerstones of a border.

I like them for quick quilts. Arrange them by color and put an
alternate white square between them so you get a checkerboard of white
and color with the color squares going from purple to blue to green to
yellow to orange to red. That's an ever popular design.

--Lia

MoragP wrote:
I was just browsing on eBay for quilt fabrics. They have lots of

listings for
4" squares and I wondered if any of you use them.

My quilt projects always seem to take pieces bigger than 4" so my

imagination
is stumped. Do you recut into triangles? Piece them as they are?

Just what do YOU do with 4" squares?