Old May 22nd 04, 09:46 PM
Heather

I've been purchasing charms of all sizes on ebay for about 5 years now, and
a few times I've gotten some crappy squares mixed in with the good ones, but
when I consider the amount of money I'm saving by buying them pre-cut off of
ebay, it's worth it to me. I made a quilt of 1000 pyramids a few years
ago..I wanted 1000 different fabrics, or as close to it as I could. There
is no way I could ever collect 1000 fabrics from the fabric store. I rarely
make anything but scrap quilts, so ebay is my best friend for charms. Of
course, myhusband has tried to ban me from ebay, but it never works..lol.

"Dr. Quilter" wrote in message
aren't you concerned about quality? I am never totally satisfied with
charms....

*KoffeeKupz* wrote:

gee that is almost all I used is a 4" square. I prefer to do scrappy
quilting though so to me mostly I just use squares. Some of them are

done
into triangles and the whole top then is ready to go out of triangles

and if
I add a square or two I just simply cut down that 4" to the size that I

need
to match the halfs. *does that make any sense?*
I have other stash for making borders and bindings so for me, it is a

great
size to work with.

I have most of my scraps cut into 2" 3" and 4" squares the odd 6" and

then
what I can't get into a square of those sizes I have strips of 1.5" for

my
scrappy log cabin blocks that are always in progress.

~KK~ who has purchased many of those 4" squares off EBay already

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens