Old February 18th 04, 10:50 PM
Kathy in CA

There was a discussion abt this a while back. But charge her for the materials of course and whatever else you feel comfortable charging. If you charged her say $9 an hour or more she probably wouldn't want it as it would be tooooooo expensive. Many commission quilts on the web cost $300 -$1000! So just do what your heart/mind says feels is a good fee.
--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:

"Jan in Florida" wrote in message news:igQYb.1218$oj2.1065@lakeread03...
Our family reunion was a great success. We even had a professional comedian. Everyone loved the family album quilt I made for my grandmother. I have been commissioned to make another one for a lady who is a very close friend (sort of an adopted family member) of my aunt's. She would like one made for her daughter for X-mas. She told me to figure out how much it will cost. I know that on materials alone I spent about $35 on this last one. Now just to figure out the cost for my time. Any suggestions? I have never made a quilt for sale before. I have always made them as gifts.

Jan
"Quilters are God's blessing to Earth"