Old October 9th 03, 07:30 PM
FKBABB

There were afghans with evenweave
areas on them for sale at CATS, but all with a center area to stitch were
square. This pattern is very long and narrow, 77 by 189 stitches. Any ideas?

Zwiegart makes an afghan fabric called "Gloria" with a center square 29 1/2 by
21 1/2, on a seven-count (stitched over two) ground, so that would be large
enough for your pattern which would work out to 11 by 27 at that gauge.
However, I think it might look better on a soft, drapable evenweave of large
scale, such as 20-count (10 stitches per inch over-two) Laguna, or 18-count (9
stitches) Davosa, both of which come in a variety of colors, including navy,
black and green, and of which would be a richer background for the design you
describe than a plain cream of a standard afghan. I could see doing this on
one of the darks, leaving the image surrounded by a 12-18 inch border on all
sides, then repeating the Greek key design at the outer edge.

Annie