Old April 21st 18, 01:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nann[_2_]

Default Mega quilter problems

I bought a MegaQuilter and frame, used, about 7 years ago. I quilted five quilts on it. Fooey. I tried the machine as a standalone. Fine for straight stitching but I couldn't free-motion without thread breaking. I checked the thread, the threading, everything. Fooey again. Meanwhile I quilted dozens of quilts on my regular domestic machine, Pfrieda (Pfaff 1472). She was Pfearless! Alas, the motor gave out last fall. I bought a new Janome with an 11" arm and nice, bright LED lighting. It's great.

I offered the MegaQ in trade but the dealer didn't want it. The Midwest Mission Distribution Center of the United Methodist Church has a sewing machine ministry. They accept ANY sewing machines. Volunteers know how to refurbish them. The machines are sent to mission projects (mostly for economic empowerment for women). The MegaQ went there and, presumably, it will provide years of service. http://www.midwestmission.org is the website. [I also donated a serger and two vintage machines that I was given by people who just wanted them to go away.]