Old October 18th 13, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Belinda Alene

Default Tooooo funny...and ON topic, to boot!

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 21:25:34 -0400, Gillian Murray
wrote:

On 10/17/2013 5:46 PM, Joan Erickson wrote:

Arliss, former member here, emailed a picture she had taken at Walmart
this morning. It was of a box of Gerber's cloth diapers (lint free!).
On the side it had 2 lists.

Ideal for: Ideal for:
.Car washing/waxing cloth .Diapering
.Household cleaning .Burp/Nursing cloth
.Polishing cloth .Changing pad
.Cleanup .Lap pad
.Dish towel .Crafting/embroidering

LOLOLOL!!!!!! I *never* would have thought of embroidering on a diaper!

I was in a fabric shop a couple of days ago, and there is a "$1 a yard"
corner. We got talking to a young hispanic lady, who said she bought
that sort of fabric for diapers for her baby. Real cloth diapers were
too expensive, and obviously disposable ones were out of the question. I
wonder how the dyes in the fabrics worked and would they bother the baby.

Gill

The colors and dyes are not much of a problem, especially after a few times
through the bleach when washing. The real problem is selecting the 50% or more
cotton cloth for this use. 100% cotton flannel works best.