Old January 22nd 04, 10:29 AM
Trishty

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:29:06 -0500, wrote:

Me again

I am looking to replace the ironing board cover that came with my ironing
board. I bought the board because it was the best construction- but the
manufacturer cut corners with the cover.

I could never quite find what I wanted, partly because my board is wider
than average and the standard covers don't fit. However, I don't want to
get rid of the board: it's metal mesh rather than wood - nice and light for
when I have to put it away, and it adjusts height very easily. The metal
grid is handy for embossing velvet, but the rest of the time it's heavily
padded with Turkish towelling, otherwise the grid pattern shows through on
everything.

In the end I opted for an ordinary Teflon cover from the supermarket, and I
use a white cotton sheet over that where necessary - it's easier to wash
than a fitted cover and you can pin it tight with safety pins if need be.
In both cases, that gives a nice plain background with no pattern to show
through (why they put such heavy patterns on covers is beyond me).

Trish