Old January 21st 04, 09:35 PM
Kate Dicey

Me again

I am looking to replace the ironing board cover that came with my ironing
board. I bought the board because it was the best construction- but the
manufacturer cut corners with the cover. What should I look for to know
that it is a good quality?

I will not sew one, and I do not want one of the "reflective" material
ones. I mainly use it for pressing my uniform shirts and quilting.

Thanks again,

Julie
Richmond, VA

No need to sew it! just arm yourself with a couple of ironing board
felts, some plain cotton calico/muslin, and a staple gun! Place the
calico on the floor, place the felt on top, and the ironing board on top
of that - upside down. Now cut the felt close to the board, and the
calico about 4" out. Fold the calico over and staple to the under side
of the board, pulling taut all round the edges. Make sure the staples
are fully into the board. You can use upholstery tacks and a hammer,
but it takes longer...
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk