Old December 3rd 12, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Default After all, I am a quilter

And when the strips weather, in the spring little birds will use the threads for their nests, making colorful spots in the trees!

Ginger in CA
On Sunday, December 2, 2012 7:48:21 PM UTC-8, Polly Esther wrote:
*I* am a quilter, round two. Needed some brackets to support the weight of a

30 foot heavy-duty extension cord for the lights. This would involve a trip

down to the big shop for brackets, screws, the drill, the bits, assorted

journeys to the hardware store, some planning, swearing, scratching and a

few delays.

"Nonsense" says I.

I came inside, picked up a few yards of the selvedge edge from Michael

Miller's Frost in gold (this is tough stuff) and simply stapled loops up

inside the porch framing.

Do all men figure out the hard way to accomplish anything or am I just a

lucky assistant?

I am a quilter.

Polly

"Roberta" wrote LOL! OK, we probably need a photo, just to check if your

seams are

straight.

Roberta in D

On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 20:30:18 -0600, "Polly Esther"

wrote:

We had ten wonderful lights to install between 2 of the columns at our

front

door. A space after column one, a light, another space and so on. I

simply

drew a 'quilt' diagram with _ for spaces and 0 for lights. Measured out

need 10 and 1/3 inches for the spaces. Mr. Esther said, "We'll have to

fudge that 1/3".

Now. Really. No problem. I am a quilter.

Polly