Old August 4th 03, 06:59 PM
Jean D Mahavier

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
Trish Brown wrote:

Of course, we ought all to be writing to sock manufacturers and

earnestly
letting them know that socks ought *not* to restrict circulation in

people's
feet! Don't they realise how prevalent diabetes is today? I suffer from

two

They also sell wide socks for people with diabetes. Those are
undoubtedly the $5 socks the OP doesn't want to pay for. People who
don't fit standards, though, either have to learn to make their own or
else live with paying higher prices for those garments which are only
produced in much-smaller production runs.

I agree, but Dr Leonard (http://www.drleonards.com/detail.cfm?EDP=10051001)
sells non-binding men's socks in several colors and in *sizes* for 6 pair
for $15 +
shipping. They wear well for DH and are comfortable for him. And they
don't bind.