Old April 11th 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Default machine cord!! (slightly off topic)

Probably you already have but check your SM carrying cases thoroughly. It
would just be so wonderful if it was hiding from you in one of them. And I
hope everybody who carries a SM anywhere learns from your trouble. I don't
know my car tag number, don't even know what year it is - but you can bet
the farm that my name is firmly attached to my SMs, their foot controls,
carrying cases, power cords and any feet that I might need to take
somewhere. None of that will deter a fairly bright thief but it might help
getting your good stuff back if it wanders off. So very sorry to hear about
your cord; my foot control got 'lost' at the dealer's shop one time and it
was a bitter lesson. Polly

"Boca Jan" wrote in message
I would find a SM shop and have them order one.

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

"A&T" wrote in message
link.net...
I haven't posted here in awhile....life or something like it!!!

But, I am now ready to quilt a finish top and I can't find my power cord
to the sewing machine.

We have recently replaced every piece of flooring in the house and stuff
got packed up and moved out and moved back in. Anyway, I think I might
have left it at the LQS when I took a class on BB purses.

I take my Elna to classes and sew-ins, but I remember holding a black
cord in my hand, (the Elna cord is white) and thinking "this isn't my
cord". Now, I am thinking I stuffed the Juki cord in my carrying case to
get it out of the way for carpeting and left it there. (have not been
quilting!!!) Of course, the store has not 'found' any extra cords.

Now, my problem.... I have spent the last two hours online trying to buy
a replacement cord for a Juki TL98E. I can't find anyone who sells
one....

I have looked through the instruction manual and they offer replacement
parts for everything but the power cord! Who loses a power cord to a new
machine?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm mostly just venting at my stupidity but if you have a suggestion,
I'll take it.

--
Tricia in TX
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii