Old October 21st 05, 02:16 AM
Polly Esther

Default table runner length?

I'd like it long enough so that the tassels will be over the edge. Please
send it to me and I'll see how it looks on my round table. You can use blue
and silver, red and green - any Christmasy colors will be fine. Send it by
Dec 1st. Polly

"Cheryl" cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau wrote in message
How long is a piece of string?

I don't think there are any rules. Do what you think would look best. Or
make the extra block and lay it out - if you think it is too long take it
out and make a small mat for a lamp out of it.

--

Cheryl
cawaites@netconnectDOTcomDOTau

"Pam in Spencerport" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone know the best length to make a table runner? I plan on making
one for my mom for Christmas. The table is 42" round. I want to use
the 12" Oregon Trail block. Check here (scroll to bottom),

http://www.quilterscache.com/M_O/Ont...railBlock.html

Should I make 4 blocks and have it hang over the sides of the table
several inches, or should I make 3 blocks and add a little to make it
hang over just a couple inches? I'd like to add the tassles too. Is
there a rule of thumb about how many inches a table runner should hang
over a table edge?

Other quilting news, I am making good progress on a couple floor
pillows for xmas gifts to my sisters. They are both samplers, I'm using
flannels and they will be about 27-28 inches. I love flannel and these
pillows are turning out great. I just might have to make one for myself!