Old June 15th 05, 02:13 AM
Glassman

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message

Glassman wrote:

This is just the latest fad to attempt to hang on. I speak to 50-100
retailers every week. Most are hurting big time. Fusing is small time
compared to what we used to do. We used to make lamps, windows, sell

tools &
supplies. Kiln work is just another passing thingie that will dry up as
well. Especially when boatloads of beads & jewelry come over from China

for
.10 each. Start looking for the next trend Dennis.

Yep, kilnforming and lampworking too... mark his words, these passing
fads are sure to die out in another 5-10 years.
--
-Kalera

Don't take this the wrong way, but please check in with us in a couple of
years, and let us know if you are still supporting your family with this
art. Any second now there will be a boatload of stuff from China for a few
pennies each selling at your local Staples.

--
JK Sinrod
Sinrod Stained Glass Studios