Old September 17th 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W.. Rowe,

Default rolling mill questions

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 07:52:26 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry Abrasha
wrote:

Not true! Ted, there you go again! Once again you speak of things you do not
know about, a bit too soon.

Lets not get personal, shall we?

And though I'd agree with you, Abrasha, about rolling down wire, Ted's not
entirely wrong either, IF his experience and comments refer more to rolling down
stock that starts out wider. If you start with an ingot that's an inch or two
wide, and then likely around a quarter inch thick such as most ingot molds
produce, the lateral spreading will be a fairly low percentage. No doubt this
is where Ted's comments spring from.

!

I have a table in a German training book for goldsmiths, that lists the
thicknesses and widths one will end up with for a number of square starting
stock. Comes in very handy from time to time. If there is interest, I can scan
the page, and put it on my site for a few days.

I'm sure there'd be interest. I for one, would enjoy seeing it. thanks for the
offer.

Peter