Old March 21st 04, 05:18 PM
Dr. Quilter

My God Diana, haven't you heard? Where do you live, woman?? Those are
the amazing stem-cell cloned kitties - kind of like the sea monkeys,
remember? You put the kitty seed in the bottle with a little bit of
sterile water and sugar (comes in the kit), and in 60 days you have this
wonderful kitten.. and you get to watch all the embrionic development,
that is a plus I bet her email didn't mention! The only problem is when
they get too big and start pressing against the glass and end up shaped
like the inside of the bottle.. at that point most nice people try to
break the bottle without harming them but it is hard, you know?!!!

Diana Curtis wrote:

How about just plain looking at the person with sadness and reluctance
saying, I hesitate giving out my address anymore. It seems so many people
just want to send me stale jokes and old storys, and no one wants to just
talk. That way the new emailer on your list knows youre not interested in
that stuff.
You could do what I did. My niece, a young woman of above average
intelligence, started sending me all sorts of silly pass around emails and I
put up with it for a while, family, you know, until the day she sent me a
petition to stop the horrendous practice of bonsia kittys, where they
ostensibly grow kittens inside of glass bottles. I politely asked her to use
her common sensometer before sending me any more of this type email. Hmm...
I havent heard from her since. Do you think I offended her?
Diana ;-)

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message

I don't know if telling someone what sort of mail I want when I give out
the address would work. I suppose I could try it. I've been reluctant
to because there are people who write notes exactly the sort I want, old
and new friends I correspond with quite happily and with no complaints.
I wouldn't want to assume they'll put me on a mailing list without
first giving them a chance to prove otherwise.

--Lia

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens