Old January 20th 04, 11:23 PM
Dr. Sooz

I'll tell ya that threading that beading needle had me more than cross eyed
and frustrated several times! That is one trick I need to learn some new
skills on!

From Bead Notes:
Threading the needle is really difficult. The eye is tiny. Everyone bitches
nonstop about this. So don't feel dumb if you have to struggle.....it's awful.
The worst part. If the end of the thread frays, cut it again and keep trying.
You can also flatten the end of the thread by squishing it against a
countertop, then paint it with glue, and let it dry -- then try to thread your
needle.

ALWAYS bring the needle to the thread -- not the thread to the needle (as is
usually done when sewing).

NEEDLES
I file my needles down so I don't poke myself or pierce the thread I'm using.
They become blunt enough that they don't poke me. I use automotive wet/dry
sandpaper, or in a pinch a metal nail file. I don't have wire files or I'd use
those.
~~
Sooz
-------