Old July 23rd 03, 07:53 PM
Christina Peterson

With PMC we tumbled both fused class and lab created stones that were fired
in the silver. I'm sure a crystal would have been fine; I would not have
hesitated. My only question is whether a rotory tumbler would be any harder
on it than a vibrating tumbler was.

A natural crystal (rock) is full of plains and will chip. But I am quite
sure the lead that's added to glass to make crystal makes it much stronger.
Which is why they can makes such fine, thin stemware.

Tina

"C Ryman" wrote in message
I think fused glass can stand maybe an hour of shot tumbling.

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio
"RA" wrote in message
news
Thanks - I guess the only thing to do is try it and see what happens.

"RA" wrote in message
Is it ok to put silver jewelry with swarovski crystals into a tumbler

with
stainless steel shot?
thanks!