Old August 22nd 03, 02:41 AM
Diana Curtis

Thats just how most of us who have old beautys feel. Its got little to do
with the money, there is a deeper love running there. Every time you use her
for something you will have that feeling renewed.
Im so happy this perty machine has found a loving home, where she will be
loved and valued.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Jewitch" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 07:34:01 -0700, "Diana Curtis"
wrote:

Take the time to give your new toy a drink of oil after cleaning it
carefully. The links that Deborah gave you might show just where to put a
drop or two of sewing machine oil to keep the machine purring.

I decided to have her serviced. I know my MIL never did that, and I
doubt her mother did.

If not, then
put a drop wherever two metal parts move against one another.
What do you hope to use your machine to make?

I've been asked by one of the local upscale shops to make some beaded
dolls. I also thought I might try my hand at purses (I can never find
one I like) and perhaps shoes. And I'd like to get back into
quilting. I thought I'd machine piece, but I'm committed to hand
quilting. And an occasional house goodie.

Congrats on getting one of the
old girls. They tend to live forever, giving good stitches their entire
life!

Thank you. My husband probably thinks I'm silly, as do my in-laws, but
I felt really and truly blessed when I first saw her. I couldn't
believe how fortunate I saw. Not just because she probably has some
value, dollar-wise, but because of her value, quality-wise and
history-wise.

Jewitch