Old March 12th 08, 08:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Default OT one more new word

I did read your other answers, Polly!
Interesting to see the definitions given. I have always heard and used
it with a slightly different meaning: fear or intolerance of
'foreigners'. I just checked in my dictionary, and that is the meaning
given there, too. It does put a slightly different complexion on the
word, especially when used politically.
Words are so fascinating - especially the 'derived from Greek' ones.
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes
You've taught me about bling (yes) and blog (ho-hum). Now we old folks
need to understand another word. Mississippi has been beseiged, invaded,
insulted and pandered to by presidential candidates. All of you have been
very kind to refrain from mentioning your political positions - for which we
are so grateful - enough, already, enough. Rctq is not the place.
However -
What does the word zenophobic mean?
I don't even know that I've spelled it right. Could have some x's in
the beginning.
The tv and radio news folks keep using the word and we don't know if we
need to wash their mouths out with soap or what. Anyone? Polly

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill