Old September 12th 03, 02:53 AM
Bert

nJb wrote:

Bert wrote:

Can anyone suggest a source for a glass cylinder in the neighborhood
of 8" diameter by 12-18" long, with fairly heavy walls (~1/4" or
more), either quartz or soda glass? I could tolerate minor defects in
case you know of a good source for surplus, rejects, or leftovers.
(The latter are called "drops" when referring to metal, but I wonder
if that term has a different connotation when talking about glass?)
Thanks.

I have a piece of boro, 10" diameter, 9-1/2" long with 3/8" wall.

Dang! It's close, but not close enough. Thanks anyway.

Bert