Old October 16th 03, 12:43 AM
teleflora

Name: Cindy Pucci

Home: Frontenac Kansas

Occupation: DH & I own a small company. We are Administrators for some
small 401(k) Plans. DH is Health and Welfare Administrator for all of the
Union Pipefitters in the state of Kansas. Our office is in our house and I
get to go to work in my jammies! Yay!

Age: 48 (No WAY!)

Past Lives: Paid stuff - Union Secretary, Executive Director for County
Democratic Party (Wichita), Polital Education Director for all of the Unions
in South Central Kansas (another Wichita gig), Volunteer stuff - Women's
Clinic Support (Wichita), Usual School/PTA stuff, More political campaigns
than I care to remember.

Family: Married for 30+ years to a wonderful man who is never happier than
when I am doing stuff I love to do (and I feel the same way about his
hobbies) My Parents are deceased. One younger brother who exists to still
make my life miserable (KIDDING!), A Dear Daughter, about to turn 21, who is
a Junior at the University of Kansas.

Food: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Pepsi, and Thanksgiving dinner.

QI's: None. I lost my best friend of 15 years in July. My Muffin thought I
was the bestest thing in the world. I still watch where I step when I get
up because she was always laying at my feet. At first, I thought I never
wanted another one, but... I've never not had a dog and I miss it already.

Machine(s): DH decided I "needed" a new sewing maching for our 30th
anniversary in June. I came home with a Viking Designer1! I. Love. This.
Machine. Haven't done much besides straight sewing. Played with the
embroidery capability a little bit.

Quilting For: 6 months. I don't even know the language yet, that's how dumb
I am about this wonderful art. Both grandma's made quilts, so I already
have tons. Most of theirs are not works of art, however, but sturdy,
usuable quilts. The older they got, the BRIGHTER the quilts got! hahahha.

Quilt Assembly Preference: The only full-sized (baby) quilt I have tackled
was strip pieced. I have made several miniatures. I really love this. I
am in the process of trying to paper piece these tiny quilts. I can
certainly appreciate how much easier it's going to be.

Quilt Style Preference: Old, Granny Quilts.

Color Preferences: Pastels, faded Earth Tones - I have GOT to make myself
pick some bright colors.

Skill level: What's below "Beginner"?

Posting/Reading frequency: Read Daily, I try to only post when it
contributes something, but I have a hard time keeping quiet sometimes.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Way too many
interests! I love paper - stamping - folding - embossing - punching! I
hoard gorgeous paper the way I hoard fabric. I collect hobby supplies.
Cause you never know. Someday, when I want to make something, I will have
all the stuff to do it. Some tole painting. I embroidery (Redwork is what
got me interested in Quilting). I love The Sims (I noticed someone else
mentioned that. I decided I like it because I HAVE to be in control) I
REALLY want to learn Heirloom Sewing. That's one of the reasons I bought
the D1.

Pet Peeves: How much time we got?? I think all of my Pet Peeves boil down
to one thing: Rude People Who Have No Consideration For Anyone Else.

TV Shows: Law & Order (Every version except for that one with that twitchy
guy. He makes me nervous), Monk, and all those true crime shows on A&E and
Court TV. I scare myself silly with those.

Drive A: 2003 Explorer

Favorite Quote: "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abe Lincoln