Old July 3rd 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

Default Shaky hands

"Butterflywings" wrote in message
I use bamboo/chop sticks.just enuf 'roughness' to then to help cling to the
fabric and so far have had no 'splinters or leftover slivers on the cotton
fabrics.

I have a few of the bamboo kabob skewers always in my sewing drawer. They
are great for a tuck and hold to keep the beginning or end of the line
corners where you want them. I like the pointy end of the skewer, you can
hold down that teeny pesky corner all the way under the presser foot until
the last stitch. Saw that years ago on a Martha Pullen show. I notice she
seldom sews without using one.

Val