Old July 2nd 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Default Shaky hands

I use bamboo/chop sticks.just enuf 'roughness' to then to help cling to the
fabric and so far have had no 'splinters or leftover slivers on the cotton
fabrics.

HTH
Butterfly (Do NOT use them on FINE DELICATE fabric tho.)

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Well then. One of my own favorite tools is a corsage pin. Since my days
of being a bridesmaid are pretty much over, I had to buy a pack over in
the bridal section of WalMart. You can rest your wrist on the 'table' of
the machine to steady and lead the fabric with the pin just
stitch-by-stitch. Piecing is not a race. Go slowly thread by thread. A
neighbor of ours has shaky hands as a result of thyroid problems. She
stitches over pins. That makes me cringe. If you must do that, wear
goggles and a padded bra. Polly

"Sunny" wrote in message
Polly, if I could hold onto a needle I would. I have loss of sensation
in my finger tips and can't really feel a needle most of the time. I
have to grip really, really hard, and then ...... nevermind.

Sunny
LOL