Old July 2nd 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Default Shaky hands

Braces.

Do you have HAND braces..they're flexible but give you lots of hand support.
I have 3 diff kinds of braces:
Night that go from base of finners to 2" beyond the wrist
Day lightweight--have HARD palm support
and lightweight--a bit stronger than the ones LQS's sell.
Also have soft and hard(leather with steel in them) for my wrists Hard for
when the carpal kicks up or I overdo. Soft that just go on the wrist with
supports palm side for when I crochet/knit and sometimes sew (Bad hand
days). I can NOT hand sew whatsoever.....so that's the way of the Dodo bird
for me. Even with using needle nose pliers to pull the needle.

Got us ANOTHER quilter IN THE MAKING!!!!!!!!!!!
Young lady just started sewing lessons and can't WAIT until she can start
quilting ones. Told her the door was open when she was ready. She is going
to come over and help me lay out the Knit Afghan Blocks the end of July or
so.....before college starts (Freshmen in college)
I'm excited for her and so is she.

Butterfly (She knows how to knit)

"Sunny" wrote in message
Polly, if I could hold onto a needle I would. I have loss of sensation
in my finger tips and can't really feel a needle most of the time. I
have to grip really, really hard, and then ...... nevermind.

Sunny
LOL