Old July 2nd 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default Shaky hands

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 16:41:52 -0700 (PDT), Sunny
wrote:

I'm working on some piecing that actually requires a bit of finesse
and my hands shake. I suspect I'm not the only one on this board with
hand shakes ..... but I am frustrated with it. Does anybody have
tricks, suggestions or advice for minimizing the problems caused by
shaking hands when piecing? I'm already using my single hole plate and
foot. It helps. But .....

Advice??

I only had that for a couple of weeks due to some meds (I resisted the
temptation to assassinate my doctor, I deserve a medal for that!).
A wrist brace, something to brace my elbow on, and pressure on my back
seemed to help a little. I found some creative ways to use an artist's
mahl stick as a steady bridge, and that also helped somewhat. Whether
you could make use of one would depend on your set-up, the thing is
nothing more than a long straight stick with a little bag of sand
attached to one end pillowing it.

Glue sticks are also your friend, as is masking tape. You can tape
your seams remember.

NightMist
--

Nothing has been the same since that house fell on my sister.