Old August 9th 03, 10:48 PM
Kate Dicey

Charlie wrote:

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message

There is only one way to keep weigh off once we have lost it: a life
time of self discipline. Sounds hard, but all the surgery in the world
won't keep the weight off if there's no discipline to go with it. One
of my primary motivators at present is pain: if I eat the wrong stuff,
my gall bladder will create merry hell, and I do NOT want to go there
again! If I weigh more, I have more trouble with my fibo. That too can
be VERY painful, so I don't want to go there too much either. It can be
very hard, but with health issues, one has to be sensible.

I agree Kate, I'm following BF's mums advice and I'm cutting down on dairy
products to help my once-monthly-pain-in-the-stomaches. Mines not so bad as
you, but I understand what you mean about planning. I have to send my dad
off with a shopping list for me now!

Charlie.

Luckily I have sorted that
never-was-once-a-month-just-turned-up-when-it-felt-like-it pain and
jolly goings on that could go on for up to nine days, including several
days of severe flood warnings, throwing up, and feeling like dying would
be a soft option, and ending up anaemic AGAIN! 33 years of it was quite
sufficient, thankyouverymuch! Whatever works, do! If that means no
more 6 oz lumps of cheddar as a midnight snack, so be it! If that means
water or squash rather than full fat milk shake, do it! If that means a
gentle smear of sump oil on the sarnies rather than a 3 oz slab of
butter, I'm cheering you on! A side effect may be a smaller size in
knickers, but hey - unless you are under weight already, that's a
bonus! Maybe the joint pain in your knees will also subside a bit!
Here's hoping!

I'm feeling prickly today - the gall bladder has been acting up a wee
bit, despite me being V_E_R_Y careful since the hospital episode. Maybe
I'm suffering from a severe attack of bridesmaids again!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk