Old July 10th 03, 05:44 PM
Laurie

In the English method the yarn is held in the right hand and the
needle picks up the back of the stitch. In the Continental method,
the yarn is held in the left hand and the front of the stitch is used
in knitting.

OK, now that makes a lot of sense. And it explains the way I knit.
My grandmother showed me how to knit when I was little (even tho' I
didn't keep it up) and because I'm a crocheter, I can't hold the yarn
in my right hand, it has to be my left hand. So according to all the
"how to" books I was a left handed knitter! I figured I was weird
(since I'm right handed) but now I know, old muscle memory and the
continental method.

Thanks!

Laurie
Washougal, WA