Old June 27th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default My new entry

On Jun 27, 10:31*am, "KJ" wrote:
Fun fun fun! *Will you put something on the top when using it so your
notions don't slide off or scratch it? *It's so beautifully finished that I
doubt a pair of scissors could hold on! *Do they make the material that
mouse pads are made of in a size that would fit the top? *You could keep it
inside the cabinet except when using it so you could enjoy the lovely top
otherwise. *I know, I know....you could fix it or refinish it when ever you
needed to. *The rest of us have to protect beautiful finishes such as that.
Congratulations...it's a beautiful "scrap" project.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsihttp://community.webshots.com/user/kathylquiltz"John" wrote in message

Here is a look at a new cabinet that I made out of leftover pieces of
Cherry that I had from various projects. Measurements are; 12" wide x
18" deep x 24" tall. It is my entry into the Cutest Cabinet in the
World Competition, Munchkin Division.:) I realized I had enough wood
left over, from previous projects, to do something, that might make
for an interesting piece of woodworking. Here is the result. It's
purpose is as a rolling cabinet that can be positioned near various
sewing machine areas to provide space to use for placing ancillary
sewing notions during the sewing process. It is also made to house a
spare sewing machine and thereby provide "ballast" to an otherwise
tipsy design, that is tall and narrow. All Cherry with Poplar drawer
sides and back.

Enjoy,

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635REaoub

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635tVYjIb

John

I have a number of trivets made from quilting material, that I have
sewn some of that rubber shelf liner to the back and that stops them
from sliding around. It works for me and provides a cushioned area to
lay the notions on. There is a pull out drawer slide just beneath the
top of the cabinet sort of like a cutting board that is in some
kitchen cabinets. I won't be cutting on it directly, but it will get
some use and then can be slid away out of sight, to hide any
scratches. I also have a couple of black mouse pads that will do that
sort of duty if necessary.

John