Old June 27th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default My new entry

On Jun 27, 10:26*am, "Roberta Zollner" wrote:
Cute indeed! No inlays?
Roberta in D

"John" schrieb im ...

Here is a look at a new cabinet that I made out of leftover pieces of
Cherry that I had from various projects. Measurements are; 12" wide x
18" deep x 24" tall. It is my entry into the Cutest Cabinet in the
World Competition, Munchkin Division.:) I realized I had enough wood
left over, from previous projects, to do something, that might make
for an interesting piece of woodworking. Here is the result. It's
purpose is as a rolling cabinet that can be positioned near various
sewing machine areas to provide space to use for placing ancillary
sewing notions during the sewing process. It is also made to house a
spare sewing machine and thereby provide "ballast" to an otherwise
tipsy design, that is tall and narrow. All Cherry with Poplar drawer
sides and back.

Enjoy,

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635REaoub

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635tVYjIb

John

No Inlays. It will spend most of it's life beneath a sewing table, and
inlays, would be lost.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635SoFGRe

The next thing is a new sewing table/cabinet with inlays. This one
will be a stand alone unit and more appropriate for inlaying. The
hits just keep on coming.

John