Old August 3rd 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
javahut

Default Worden and Odyssey Lamps

"Michael" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm wanting to build a Tiffany lamp. I've noticed that Worden and
Odyssey are two of the major players. I would appreciate any feedback
you might have on the quality of the forms and patterns provided by
the two companies.

Michael

Both are good, depends on what you want.
If you want a lamp that is pretty and colorful and you don't particularly
care if it looks old and collectible, build a Worden and enjoy the glass
choices and have fun with it.

If you want a very accurate Tiffany reproduction, in pattern, and use glass
that is appropriate to the design and era in which it was originally
conceived, then go for the Odyssey.

Which ever one you chose, use a full round mold, the sectional things are a
PIA to work with, but can be done, just takes more fooling around to get
them accurate and straight.

I have built a few hundred lamps, don't count or keep track in particular,
but have a scrapbook full of pictures.........