Old October 15th 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT word of the day

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 18:54:55 -0700 (PDT), Sunny
wrote:

I love it! Keep on kicking out those great textile words..... or any
great words. I'm huge on entertainment, play and fun right now. And
I'm trying to figure out what a machine would look like that would
calender wool. Is that how the word is used? as a verb??? I love it.

Verb or adverb I believe, to calender, or calendered.

With wool at least upon a time the machine that did it was indeed very
similar to a mangle (wringer here in the US). Big metal rollers that
were heated, and the cloth was rolled through. Sort of very intensive
pressing.

NightMist

--

Nothing has been the same since that house fell on my sister.