Old October 15th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT word of the day

Dunno how long I'll keep it up, or if I will last even a week, but I
thought it might be fun to toss out a word a day and try to keep it to
textile terms.
They may not be new words for everybody, but hey it doesn't cost
anything. (G)

Today because I used the term once and puzzled people here, and
because it was near the front of the dictionary:

CALENDER. To smooth woollen cloths, and give them a gloss.

NightMist
--

Nothing has been the same since that house fell on my sister.