Old January 29th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Liz Megerle

Default Time for another Roll Call?

I'm Liz, married 16 years, with a 12-year-old daughter who is going to a
*dance* on Friday. Seems to me I was just making little-girl dresses.
That's why I started quilting. I've only been able to sew Halloween
costumes for the past few years.

We live in the Boston suburbs, and have a cottage near a lake in
Vermont's Northeast Kingdom, where the skiing is fabulous now, and the
kayaking is glorious in the other season.

I was a process chemist in my previous life (made drugs in 1000-gallon
reactors) and get to be home now. I sing soprano in two choral groups.
If you want to know anything about epilepsy and brain surgery, I've
BTDT. The tumor was benign and I no longer have seizures.

I love optical illusions, and find paper piecing the best way to
accomplish them. I've made several quilts from blue jeans, backed with
polarfleece. Right now my design wall is covered with log cabin blocks.
It's been a while since I've updated my webshots. Where's that round
tuit?!? There's also a tutorial on making the coil bowls.
http://community.webshots.com/user/am1384

QIs are Midnight, a black Lab, and Jethro, a Lab/chow mix, who is often
mistaken for her sibling. Oh yes, chocolate! I keep a large bag of the
dark chocolate M&Ms in my sewing room.
Liz