Old January 29th 08, 10:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dawn in Alberta

Default Time for another Roll Call?

"Sally Swindells" wrote in message
As Cornwoman wrote 'Now I want to
know more about each of you! Please tell!!

and we seem to have a flurry of new posters, is it time for a general
Roll Call, so that newbies can see who we all are.

So here is mine:

Retired to the Suffolk coast in England from Nottingham in 2001, so of
advancing years!
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Here is mine.

I am a 37 year old beginner quilter, who really hasn't done any quilting in
the last year due to the job, working the grave yard shift really kills
creativity I am finding. My mom lives with me as she is getting younger day
by day and she is also coming up on her 6th year cancer free. I have two
fantastic singer sewing machines, one given to me by my mother a Funky green
Singer337, who was born in 1965 and then my newest baby whom I've had for
two years now a Singer Featherweight that was born in 1954 who I saved from
getting tossed in the dump, and the feather weight came to live with me in
its original black case with the zigzag attachment and all the feet you can
imagine, which also fit on my 337.

I am owned by 7 QI's Bud is a tuxedo colored Main Coon he was a stray that
found us at the age of about two years old back in 96, Tinker is also
another tuxedo sort of main coonish cat, then came 6. The 6 are all brothers
and sisters, There is Hastings an orange tabby who loves to cuddle, Morse a
brown tabby who thinks he is human, Marple a white and orange medium haired
cat who's purr sounds like a pigeon, then there are the girls Cyd yet
another tuxedo colored QI who will follow Bud around and cry when she cant
find him, Peroit yet another tuxedo little girl QI, then in memory is their
other sister Lovejoy who was a pure white medium haired kitty that passed
due to fatty liver disease. The 6 were found in a farmers field back in 97
during a cold spell when they were just a few weeks old, and came to live
with me as foster cats, fell in love with them and couldn't part with them.

In my quilting history, first one I ever worked on was for a friend who
wanted a watercolor quilt, she cut the fabric's I sewed them together for
her. I am not counting the pot holder I made in home Ec which oddly enough I
still have 24 years later. Then came a uneven log cabin done in blue and red
batik fabrics, I wanted to call it Sunset over water, but the water turned
out to have a bad green algae problem when it was put together. Then came a
Carol Doak book that I just had to try out, and out of that was born a multi
Star meditation quilt. So that is me in a nutshell..

Dawn In Alberta which is still in the deep freeze

When life gets you Down get up and Mambo ( wish I thought of that two weeks
ago, would have saved alot of trees being turned into Kleenex)