Old June 14th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default LQS Complaints--Other shoe; same foot.

Some of these made me grin - and some made me groan. All
rang a bell!!

Wanna hear a few more?

A friend of mine worked in a theatre taking phone bookings
for tickets. Customers on the phone:
"No, it's not my credit card, it's my boyfriend's. But he
said I could use it. . . . . . . . . What do you mean you
can't take the booking?"

"I am coming to the show tonight. Where should I go for
dinner?"

"Yes, I know the show is booked out. But how do I book
tickets?"

Customer in front of me in clothing store a few years ago: "
I don't know which one to choose. I'll pay you now (for one
only!) and bring back the colours she (daughter at home)
doesn't like tomorrow."

I detest cell phones. The last time I chaired a meeting and
a cell phone went off I held up my hand for silence and
looked straight at the talker to let him know we would all
listen in to his conversation. He didn't take the hint, and
the phone rang again. Fortunately I outranked him so I just
told him that he was clearly indispensable and that he
should go back to his workplace. AND HE GOT OFFENDED (for
all the good that did him - LOL).

I have very informal friendly lessons here at home, and have
twice told "students" to leave if they won't turn off their
phones. They might be friends of mine, but that doesn't
give them the right to be rude to me or others in my home.

If I sound like an old grouch it's probably 'cos it's the
middle of the night here - and no I wasn't sitting up
watching the World Cup. Off to try to get some sleep now so
I won't be so grumpy later in the morning - LOL.

Goodnight all!
--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

"joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska" wrote in
message
oups.com...
:A disclaimer--I have worked for almost 2 years in my local
LQS and I
: love my job and the customers.
:
: I do enjoy reading your comments regarding your local
quilt stores,
: both positive and negative. There's always something to
learn and it's
: good to hear from the customer viewpoint.
:
: But, on the other hand, I could make (short) list of
complaints that I
: have about customers.
: *Talking on cell phone while shopping and while being
waited on.
: *Taking cell phone calls during a class despite and
despite a (gentle)
: suggestion otherwise.
: *Bringing unruly children into the store and letting them
roam, crawl,
: yell, etc.
: *Coming into the store 15 minutes before closing time to
select 15
: fabrics for a color-wash trip around the world.
: *Calling to see if we have a fabric from 5 years ago that
you bought at
: another store. No manufacturer name, no collection name.
Just 'pink
: with little white flowers.' I'll try, but don't expect a
miracle.
: *Attempting to return a kit you bought at another store.
: *Coming in to pick up the Mystery Quilt clue and
announcing in a very
: loud voice that you're off to another quilt store to buy
your fabric.
: And you'll be back for all future clues. Of course.
:
: It does help to have a good sense of humor when working in
any retail
: environment! :
:
: joan