Old December 29th 05, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT pellet stoves, was What did Santa bring?

Hancocks has a drapery lining fabric that is a good insulator for windows.
They call it a black out fabric. My friend lives in an older home with
single pane windows and she makes them like panels with metal
eyelet/grommets that slip over her curtain hooks. Her drapes extend a few
inches past the windows on all 3 sides and go to the floor. She swears by
it as an insulating fabric for winter and summer.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"NightMist" wrote in message

Then you would just die on the spot if you saw one of my January
bills.
Even in August the bill seldom gets below $50.
We have a smaller house than you, forced air, gas hot water and
cooking, and we shiver the winter away. But Richard the Deep
breather, as we call the furnace, is old. It in fact looks much like
something smuggled out of a small crematorium. I have been trying for
years to get the landlord to replace it with something more efficient.
Best I have done is duct tape and new filters.

I am seriously considering making quilted curtains just to save that
little bit of heat.

NightMist
who had chunks of ice bigger than she is sliding off the roof over
Christmas.

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 09:21:50 -0600, "SNIGDIBBLY"
wrote:

OMG!! I would faint if I got a heating bill that high.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Phyllis Nilsson" wrote in message
Just got my natural gas bill yesterday. For 30 days it was $227. We
were
told the prices would sky rocket this winter, but hey, it wasn't even
winter when we used that gas!

SNIGDIBBLY wrote:
My natural gas runs an average of $59/month during the winter months
and
less than $15 during the warm months. It's way cheaper than oil,
propane
or wood.

--
The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.