Old November 3rd 03, 11:17 PM
TerriLee in WA

I still have to figure out what to use for the centers, too. Too much
looking at the tiny flowers makes me dizzy, so I can't do it for very
long. Maybe a wolf or eagle print, fussy-cut, as this DSonIL is Native
American? I don't know about wolves & flowers though. I wonder how the
traditional solid red would look?

--
TerriLee Bishop in WA (state) USA - not making much progress
Virtual Gypsy

frood wrote:

My DD#1's quilt is a half-log cabin done in florals. Do you know how hard it
is to find a bunch of different light florals, plus dark florals, not too
sophisticated, not too cartoony, not too big? Well, if you're doing a floral
log cabin, I guess you do! The hardest part for me was finding the perfect
center square. I found a stripe print at Wal-Mart that had stripes of
strawberries, alternating with stripes of watering cans. I had to buy 2
yards to get enough watering cans for all the blocks!

OK, the end result was worth it. I had a few strips of a dark floral with
gnomes, and some lights with rabbits in the flowers, and one with a fairy.
DD still loves hunting for those special ones, and swears the fairy one
changes places.

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
"TerriLee in WA" wrote in message
That's about the way I feel about them, too. Sigh! However one of my
DSonIL's wants a log cabin, florals on whites for the lights and florals
on blacks for the darks. (Don't ask me why, I don't know. He just says
thats what a quilt should look like.) I have 6 of each, all washed and
ready to cut, and everytime I look at them, I go get another glass of
wine. VBG But I really do love the DSonIL, so eventually, I'll just
grit my teeth and jump in. It'll never get done if I don't start, huh?

And you can stay over, the daybed has nice warm flannel sheets and a
quilt on it. grin